extracting the ISO file I downloaded using XBOX Backup Creator onto my external HDD. Alas like many people, the silly game wouldn't load on my JTAG using Freestyle Dash. The system would just freeze upon trying to load the game. Curses!
Anyway, after extensive research online I found a few suggestions on how to get around this problem. The most common one was to update the JTAG to the latest dashboard/kernel. Since I did not JTAG my console myself, I was quite reluctant to do so even after watching many YouTube tutorials. Also most tutorials show their process using XBOX 360 Phat versions and as you guessed, I have the black Slim model.
Then I came across a very short comment on one of the forums I researched on. Someone mentioned they got their Sleeping Dogs game running simply because they converted their ISO file into GoD (Games On Demand) format. I looked up tutorials on how to do just that and lo and behold, it worked like a charm. So here I'll share the method, as I used it, on how to get games like Sleeping Dogs to run on your JTAG XBOX 360 Slim.
Note: My JTAG dashboard version is 14699. I run FSD from an external HDD. This tutorial is for those with the EXACT same setup.
STEP ONE: (We can have lots of fun!) Download ISO2GOD
- - ISO2GOD is the only application you'll be needing for this tutorial so click here to download the rar file.
- - Open up the "iso2god_v1.3.6-360h.rar" file you just downloaded and extract all files anywhere you please on your PC.
- - Open the Iso2God.exe file.
- - Click on Add ISO
- - For Image Location, click Browse and navigate to your Sleeping Dogs ISO file. Once that's done, the appropriate info for the game should be displayed in the middle section of the dialog box.
- - For Output Location, click Browse and choose any folder you have sufficient space on.
- - Next leave everything as is and click the final Browse button near the bottom to choose a secondary folder to save another copy of the rebuilt ISO.
- - Now click on Add ISO at the bottom of that dialog box to close it and return to the main iso2god app.
- - From there you can go ahead and click on the Convert button at the top and the program will start the conversion process.
STEP TWO: (There's so much we can do) Copy the Files to your External HDD
- - Once the conversion is done (mine took 8 mins 47 secs), navigate to the folder you specified for Output Location in step one. You should have a folder there called 53510811 which is the Title ID of Sleeping Dogs.
- - Copy this entire folder to any folder on your external HDD and step two is done.
STEP THREE: (It's just you and me) Loading the game using Freestyle Dash
I cannot take screenshots of my TV screen so bare with the rest of this all-text tutorial.
- - Plug in your external HDD to your JTAG and fire up your console let FSD boot-up/load.
- - From the main screen, choose Settings and then Content Settings and then Game Path
- - Select Choose Path and then locate your games folder on your hard drive.
- - Choose USB0, press A, choose the folder you copied the 53510811 folder to, press A, and then press Y to select that folder.
- - Next, press X to save your game path and it should appear on the right pane of the screen.
- - Get back to the main menu and choose XBOX 360 Games and you will be taken to the game selection screen where your Sleeping Dogs game can finally be enjoyed.
Voila! Leave feedback and questions below.